Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Class X student held for blackmail, extorting money

SIRSA: Taking photographs of his classmate having drinks and then using them to blackmail him, has landed a class X student behind bars. A Kaluwana village youth, Lalit Kumar, was arrested on Monday and booked in an extortion case, registered at Dabwali police station, on the complaint of Naresh Kumar, father of Deepak, who was at the receiving end.
The boys, the accused and the victim, are not only classmates but were also good friends and used to spend most of their time together.
"According to what Naresh Chander has told us, Lalit and Deepak used to spend almost 20 hours together every day. We are investigating the circumstances in which the pictures were clicked and in touch with the jeweller to whom Lalit sold his mother's gold bangles. We'll be able to solve the case once Lalit joins the investigations," a police officer said.
To meet the demands of Lalit, Deepak had stolen his mother's gold bangles which were valued around Rs 85,000. Recalling his ordeal at the hands of his friend, Deepak said, "All this happened in the past one month, when Lalit and I had drinks together. He clicked my photographs while having drinks and started blackmailing me with those. He threatened to reveal the photographs to my family members if I did not pay him Rs 80,000. I was scared and gave him two gold bangles, which he sold for Rs 85,000. But when he started blackmailing me again to get more money, I narrated the incident to my parents, who informed police."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment