Friday, February 24, 2012

WIPRO- placement pattern


Hi!
I am S Dinesh Kumar attended an off campus recruitment of WIPRO on 28 Jan 2012…
I Wud like to share my experince with u hoping u can gain something with this…
The total no. of students attended for campus were around 2000 at HYD.
So, my first round was written test, it consists of sections : 1 hr time
1. Verbal
2. Analytical
3. Technical
I cleared the written test and called up or Technical round
after a gap of one hour. So, I entered the hall where technical interviews were going on in which there were around 15 tables each containing an interviewer and an empty chair for the participant…..
I asked him for permitting me to come inside and he called me and made me to sit by asking my profile…. Then he started questioning me……..The first question was:
Q : Dinesh, tell me what are ur interests in technical aspects?
Me : after a gap of 5 sec, I like java sir, I said.
Q : Why not c and c++? You don't want me to ask questions
from c and c++?? he said.
Me : Of course sir ask me, m comfortable with java and c but m
little bit poor in c++, I said.
Q : ok fine, then can u explain me the differences between
c,c++ and java? He said.
Me : sure sir, I said and I asked him for a paper to offer me for the
explanation.
I took the paper and started……
C c++ java
--> Procedural oops oops
--> Pointers no pointers no pointers but
fast execution
Bcoz of features of java.
--> Wastage of recollected recollected
Memory manually automatically by
garbage collector.
Q : He interrupted me and asked me to explain the features of
Java ?
Me : I explained abt platform independent, architectural neutral and multi threading concepts….
Platform Independent : java programs can run on any O.S becoz of bytecode which is generated after compilation phase. Actually byte code is the intermediate code and which in turn is converted to native understanding form of the corresponding O.S.
Architectural Neutral : This is the concept of processors present in different systems… I mean there ll be different processors for evry system.. some may be of intel/ I3/I4…..e.t.c., So, in c/c++ its not possible to execute a program written in intel system into I(3/4/5) system without rebuilding problems…. But, this is not the case in java, Java programs can be executed in any system.
Multi Threading : It's a concept of of threads…. For concurrent execution/multi tasking ….. I said.
He interrupted me and asked wat s thread?? Elaborate it.
I started that a THREAD is a flow of control given for each process. There are two kinds of threads…
1 > Foreground(child thread) used for a process
2 > Background(parent thread) which monitors the child threads…..
Q : He enquired abt my project…..
Me : It was a online shopping website…. Where one can post their products to sell them… Its all abt online transaction system done using struts and hibernate…..
Q : He started asking me questions abt Struts…..
Me : I explained abt the pro of loose coupling in java which v can overcome in struts by assigning tasks to different activity managers….. and finally he asked me to explain architecture of struts….. which I forgot….. then I said him that m unable to recollect it sir… he said its alright…. Actually till now I almost satisfied the interviewer… So, he gave a green card to forward me to next round(HR)…. I wished him and went off frm the hall….
After coming out they gave me an empty paper to write an essay on "Role of Technology in reducing Global Warming" ……. This was not a separate round actually… but to check English writing skills… I finished it and I waited nearly two hours… it was 8p.m ….. It took around 30 to 35min to finish technical round but really it was my best attempt compared to TechMahindra……
Then I was called for HR round…….
Before entering into cabin, I faced some difficulty in opening the door as it was different I ever saw before… finally I went into room ….. He was observing me from the door and asked me after offering a chair to sit… He said , Y r u feeling difficulty even in opening the door??
I replied that " I thought I should not enter into the room until u permit me sir"…..[nice escape I felt]
Then he checked my profile and said nice improvement in ur academics as it was 62 in X, 72 in 12 and 72.11 in B.Tech..
I said thank you sir….
Then he started questioning me abt my place of graduation ……
I said, "M frm Kotam college of Engg"….
As he know that there was an on campus drive of TechMahindra in our college… He questioned me that y I didn't selected for TechM….
Actually I got placed in TechM and was waiting for my Date of Joining…. ,I said
Then which will u choose in wipro and TechM if I appoint u?, he said….
I told as Wipro is the best in two I ll choose wipro…
And I also discussed abt Prem Ji's comment on reservation system….then he changed the question…..
Q : Wat do u think that u r lagging at and where do u want to improve
urself personally???
Actually I didn't understand his question and I asked him to repeat it….. he repeated and I responded as follows :
I would like to improve in terms of my communication skills sir, I said.
Excellent Dinesh, so how r u preparing for that?, 'he said'
I told m habituating reading novels sir….. then he said Oh!! Is it?
Then asked wat kind of novels and who is the author??
I replied that m interested in reading Chetan Bhagats's book sir…. And I explained abt his recent book "Revolution 2020" in brief… Then he said "quite interesting" …. And wised me all the best and told to leave….
Atlast they told us to leave home and they ll mail us abt the results…..

Finally i got selected..


Thanks...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment